Brilliant historical article on the rise of the poor boy sandwich at the original Martin Brother’s Restaurant. Benny and Clovis Martin opened their original concern in the French Market in 1921.
They eventually migrated to St Claude and Touro (2000 St Claude) finally closing in 1972.
The Martins also had a satellite restaurant on US Hwy 90. It is pictured here.