One of our favorite seasonal brews just released in Austin today. Real Ale Coffee Porter is all roasted malts, chocolate notes and plentiful coffee flavor. We absolutely love this beer. We do wish it had a little more of a bread thing going on but we’re not going to let that dissuade us from pounding a few gallons of it while it’s available. To celebrate this marvelous beer we’ll be hitting the kitchen this weekend to knock out a Real Ale Coffee Porter pan of chocolate brownies. Here’s the recipe that we’ll be following. Originally written with the 512 Pecan Porter in mind but we reckon it’ll work just fine with the good folks from Blanco’s brew.
4 oz dark chocolate
8 T. butter, always use the good stuff
4 each eggs, room temp and from hens out in the country
1 c. brown sugar
½ c. white cane sugar
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 c. flour, self rising
1 t. vanilla [ The little glass bottle labeled Turkish is my favorite ]
8 Oz beer Real Ale Coffee Porter
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
* Preheat oven to 350
* Sift together the flour and cocoa powder.
* Meanwhile, melt the chocolate, espresso and butter in a double boiler
* Add the Porter and stir to combine
* Let cool
* Beat together the eggs and sugar until well blended in stand mixer
* Continue beating on low while adding flour mix and wet mix alternately
* Add vanilla
* Spray a 9 x 13 pan with Baker’s Joy
* Pour brownie mixture into pan
* If you’re a nut lover now would be a good time to sprinkle some toasted pecans on top
* Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Bon Appetit Y’all.
This would pair nicely with a cold glass of Real Ale Coffee Porter, a steaming mug of coffee or a nice glass of whole cow’s milk.