This is the best interview I’ve read yet with Aaron Franklin.
Apparently the pit boss has taken a few days off and sequestered himself in New York City for a respite from the pit.
Eater, the national website, catches up with him and he dishes on the following while hanging out at April Bloomfield’s joint The Spotted Pig:
* How his barbecue is like the old Czech meat markets of barbecue lore
* Why he likes to use oak wood for his fire
* How long it takes to cook one of his briskets
* The effect the Bon Appetit article had on his business
* Status update on the new smoker
Lots more news from Aaron Franklin http://eater.com/archives/2011/06/28/aaron-franklin-interview.php
All Franklin Barbecue coverage here: